Melt-Proof Your Makeup this Labor Day Weekend
As this is one of the last weekends of summer, many of us will be spending Labor Day weekend outdoors barbecuing and relaxing by the pool. This warm weather creates a perfect environment for your makeup to smear, smudge, or melt off completely. All of us here at BeWell Expo want to share with you our secrets to melt-proof makeup so you can look your best no matter how long you’ve been in the sun!
First of all, BeSure you are applying your makeup in an area with plenty of natural light to ensure makeup remains streak-free and perfectly blended.
- Prep: Makeup primer is key to keeping your makeup on all day long. Apply primer all over the face.
- Although it is summer, remember that moisturizing your face is still very important. Choose a lightweight formula that is oil-free to prevent skin from getting shiny. Kill two birds with one stone and choose a tinted moisturizer with SPF for protection and coverage.
- If tinted moisturizer isn’t for you, try a long-wear foundation formula, and be sure to blend it well into the skin. For more coverage, apply a waterproof concealer to problem areas, and finish by dusting translucent powder all over the face!
- Apply a eyeshadow primer to the lid wherever color will go to prevent shadow from creasing on the lid.
- As for mascara and eyeliner, choose a waterproof or long-wear formula to ensure that it won’t smudge.
- Set: A makeup-setting spray will ensure makeup will stick around all day!
Most importantly: remember to wear SPF on any exposed parts of your body to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun!
We wish you a happy and safe Labor Day weekend! For tickets, and more information on BeWell Expo 2013, check out our website.